Big Sky Code Academy is a technology boot camp in Montana that offers immersive full-time and part-time web development and data science courses to train people with little or no coding background. Our curriculum is based on the most popular languages, frameworks, and CS foundations. We do regularly review our curriculum and change it to keep up with the high paced nature of our industry. While our curriculum is world class, our methodologies are truly what set us apart. A derivative of many different teaching styles and a focus on the psychology of learning come together to create an agile and effective learning environment unparalleled by a traditional classroom.
For this role, we’re looking for experienced, senior-level data analysts and data scientists with industry experience and a passion for teaching. With our virtual classroom environment, you can be located anywhere in the U.S. This person will have ownership in the classroom to deliver and maintain a world class training and learning environment.
We are currently looking for a lead instructor. This position can be based anywhere as our Data Science boot camp will be taught online.
This position starts immediately.
- Deliver lectures and workshops on core curriculum.
- Foster a safe learning environment for students.
- Drive agile methodologies.
- Challenge and support students in their growth
Skills & Requirements:
As Lead Instructor, you will be doing the following:
- Help students understand how to solve business problems using predictive analysis, and how to derive business intelligence from Big Data
- Help students in the following: basic and intermediate statistics, data visualization methods, linear algebra, introductory probability, python programming, and machine learning
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative virtual classroom environment
- Assist students outside of class when needed
- For part-time instructors, you will teach three 4-hour classes per week, 15 weeks for part one focused on data analysis, and 18 weeks for part two focused on machine learning
- For full-time instructors, you will teach M-F, 40 hours per week, for 10 weeks for part one and 12 weeks for part two
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and career trajectories of students
- You are the person that co-workers go to when they need help with a new software or applications
- You have at least 2 years of industry experience with data analytics and/or data science (prior teaching/tutoring experience a plus)
- You have fluency in most of the following: Probability, Statistics; Python (other scripting languages such as R a plus); AWS, EMR, MapReduce and/or Hadoop; Manipulation of large data sets; Data visualization techniques; Databases; Algorithms; Machine learning
To apply or if you have questions, please e-mail your cover letter detailing why you think you are a good fit for our team and your resume/LinkedIn/GitHub to: firstname.lastname@example.org